Tuition Refund Policy
1. The application or registration fees and other administrative charges (textbooks, stationeries, living expense, etc.) are NON-REFUNDABLE and are NOT included in the tuition fee.
- The tuition for each year (two semesters) must be paid fully before the first semester’s class begins. The students can start or continue their studies only after all the tuition and other administrative charges are paid.
- The deadline for paying the tuition is the last Friday before the start of the first semester of the academic year. The penalty for overdue payment is 2% compounded per week.
- International students CANNOT terminate the visa application process and CANNOT claim for a tuition refund during the process of applying for student authorization, except under the following circumstances:
- 4.1 The student has lost his or her learning and financial capability as a result of a severe injury or death of the student or of the principal sponsor, and will be consequently unable to attend school. In this case the student or the principal sponsor must provide the College with proof of a notarized certificate issued by a Coroner’s Office or a certified letter of health status from a municipal public hospital recognized by the government of the student's home country.
- 4.2 The student's application for a study permit has been declined by the Canadian Immigration Authority. In this case the student must produce the following documents to process a tuition refund:
- a. The original copy of the student’s written request and the completed application form for the tuition refund;
- b. The original copy of the decline letter from the Canadian Embassy or Consulate;
- c. The original copy of the official Acceptance Letter issued by the College;
- d. The original copy of the tuition fee receipt issued by the College.
- International students who withdraw their enrollment from the College and terminate the visa application process after accepting the Offer of Admission from the College and/or claim for a tuition refund when applying for student authorization will either have his/her tuition fee deposit confiscated by the College, or will be levied a penalty in the amount equal to twenty-five percent (25%) of the College's one-year full-time program tuition fee.
- International students who have been granted student authorization to study in Canada by the Canadian Immigration Authority with the College’s Acceptance Letter and/or any other documentation AND assistance from the College will NOT be entitled to a refund of any fee, regardless of whether or not they have arrived in Toronto.
- A current student whose application for a renewal or an extension of a study permit and/or temporary resident/visitor visa has been declined for any personal reasons, such as unsatisfactory academic performance, poor attendance, serious violation of the College’s rules and regulations, and/or whose study permit is revoked by the Canadian Immigration Authority, because of a violation or breach of the terms and conditions of the student’s authorization or temporary resident/visitor visa will not be entitled to a refund of any fees.
- Any student who has been given any form of scholarship, bursary, award, preferential financial package, tuition fee discount, and/or any other form of special financial incentive to study at the College is not entitled to a tuition refund.